Intermediate Electrical DesignerPioneer Engineering Inc. – Calgary, AB
Full-Time or Part-Time Position
Company Overview:Pioneer Engineering Inc. is a multi-disciplined EPCM company with a proven track record of success. We specialize in the engineering design, procurement, and construction management of facilities in the Oil and Gas Industry all across Western Canada. At Pioneer Engineering, our mission is to deliver cost-effective EPCM projects with execution excellence, reduced project cycle time, and improved operability. Our goal is to provide technical expertise, creative solutions, and responsible design services that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Prepare a project from P&IDs to project completion.
- Prepare Electrical Layout Drawings, Electrical Equipment List, Load List, Single Line Diagram, 24V and 120VAC schematics, SCADAPACK RTU/PLC Control Design (Panel Layout, BOM, 24VDC/120VAC Distribution, I/O Drawings, etc.), JB Details, Cable Schedule, Distribution Panel Schedule, Grounding Design, 480V/600V motor schematics, EHT (calculation and ISO drawing) and review vendor drawings.
- Prepare the Area Classification drawings under the supervision of the P. Eng.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and controls, SCADAPACK Panels and PLC Control systems.
- Maintain continual communication with other departments, project managers, and engineers.
- Provide engineering feedback and technical overview to design activities undertaken by design/drafting teams residing within or outside a project team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects independently or with minimal supervision.
- Ensure deliverables provided for a project are technically accurate, within scope, budget, and schedule and in compliance with quality procedures and project plans.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant Oil and Gas electrical engineering experience in an EPC/EPCM environment.
- Working knowledge of detailed design project (EPC and EPCM) execution for oil, gas, chemical and power industry clients.
- Experience assisting project engineering leads and managers.
- Knowledge of all Federal/Provincial safety policies and procedures, understanding and application of the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
How to Apply:Please email your resume to email@example.com or fill out the form and attach your resume. Please refrain from direct phone calls to our office.
We thank all who apply however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.