Senior Electrical DesignerPioneer Engineering Inc. – Calgary, AB
Full-Time or Part-Time Position
Company Overview:Pioneer Engineering Inc. is a multi-disciplined EPCM company with a proven track record of success. We specialize in the engineering design, procurement, and construction management of facilities in the Oil and Gas Industry all across Western Canada. At Pioneer Engineering, our mission is to deliver cost-effective EPCM projects with execution excellence, reduced project cycle time, and improved operability. Our goal is to provide technical expertise, creative solutions, and responsible design services that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Ability to prepare construction deliverables such as Layout Drawings, Equipment Lists, Load Lists, 480V/600V Single Line Diagrams, 24V and 120VAC schematics, JB Details, Cable Schedules, Grounding Design, 480V/600V motor schematics, SCADAPACK RTU/PLC Control Design (Panel Layout, BOM, 24VDC/120VAC Distribution, I/O Drawings, etc.), Distribution Panel Schedule, EHT (calculation and ISO drawing), Area Classification Drawing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of instrumentation and controls, P&ID, and hazardous area classification.
- Produce project deliverables that are technically accurate and within budget and schedule.
- Perform Engineering support for procurement activities, including MRQ/MRP development, technical bid evaluation, and vendor drawings approvals.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the project team and other discipline groups.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior and intermediate electrical designers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects independently.
- Experience assisting project engineering leads and managers.
- Knowledge of all Federal/Provincial safety policies and procedures.
- Understanding and application of the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Knowledge of discipline-specific skills, codes, and standard practices.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to self-check and produce accurate designs.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 8+ years of Electrical design/engineering experience within an EPCM environment and oil & gas experience (5 years).
- Certification with APEGA, ASET, or other engineering and technology associations is an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
How to Apply:Please email your resume to email@example.com or fill out the form and attach your resume. Please refrain from direct phone calls to our office.
We thank all who apply however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.